Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Decorating the Out of Doors

So, you all know how much I love a good pomander (see the December (or maybe NOVEMBER!) post) and here are a bunch of greenery pomander options all available from SaveonCrafts for relatively good prices. The prices are really decent because I can resell most of this stuff afterward! How long does moss live????







So, the above pomander could hang from shepherds hooks such as the following:
Or there could be in giant vases towards the "altar".

Something else that could be beautiful lining the walkway or possibly somewhere else:
Here is some hurricane lamp inspiration:


I am also IN LOVE with some of these random things but I want some inspirational ideas from you crafty ladies...where can this stuff go?



Also, white, ivory, or red aisle runner? That is an interesting choice that could really make a statement. (Afterall, this is distinctly NOT a white wedding!) Will ivory look dirty? I have heard that... AND we will definitely need a red carpet for the movie-themed reception.

4 comments:

  1. I love the hooky things! and the hurricane glasses with the flowers in them! and also the one with the candles, but in your colors. maybe some of the pretty cages (you've always loved a good bird cage) could mark the aisle?

    the balls of flowers are just amazing too.


    sorry, this isn't that helpful. i think seeing the actual space next week will help me visualize it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the pomanders, except for the first one. I think a ivory runner would look best (I think red would be too bright, detract from other decor, and spoil the simple, natural feel). Hurricane lamps with flowers look great and are super easy...I am not in love with the hook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Julie (I like all of the pomanders except the 1st one). However, I do like the hook.

    I think you could get a lot of this stuff at Hobby Lobby or Michaels. I would try Hobby Lobby first bc they have great sales.

    I like the ivory runner since you will be doing red for the reception.

    I also LOVE both of the hurricane lamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a fan of the first one. And i like the hurricane style with the red and white mixed....so pretty and elegant.

    ReplyDelete