Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ikea to the rescue!

I am still planning on making half pomanders for the remainder of our dining tables but have also found some awesome things from Ikea that may be useful...



I especially think the lantern may be able to incorporate tea lights and some sort of flower arrangement surrounding it. The shepherds hook is removable and the tea light holder matches the style of the original lanterns quite nicely!
What do you think?

Just as a recap, here are the lanterns I already purchased. I have 9 of them. Back then I wrote,
And here is my favorite and possibly the inspiration that will lead us to something. It is a lantern that is currently filled with maroon balls and flowers (which I like) BUT I am thinking FABRIC. Four different prints and textures in a mixture of crimson and champagne. Rich, Indian fabrics.

And here are the pomanders I made with the tissue paper that I eventually turned on...

1 comment:

  1. Are you planning on mixing both? i love the first vase...but i love what you can do with the tea light holder too...

    Keep in mind, a few of us are going to be there early the week of your shower, so put us to work!

    ReplyDelete