Sunday, February 1, 2009

Mehndi ki Raat

So, who likes to dance?
I DO!
It is traditional for a group of girls to perform a dance Bollywood style at the Mehndi ceremony. Sometimes guys are invited to dance as well.
Maryam (my psuedo-adopted sister) has offered to work with a friend of hers to choreograph dances for ANYONE that wants to dance a little. It should be a ton of fun but NO ONE SHOULD FEEL THEY MUST DANCE. Except Ella and Merrille and Payal. Because I have seen them dance!
She is going to talk to my cousins (Moon's boys) and see if they want to dance also.
You can you tube Mehndi Dance and see many examples of bad dances but I think it should be tons of fun.
So, no pressure.
Soon, outfits for the Mehndi! Yay!
And thank you to those who sent their measurements!
*LOVE*

5 comments:

  1. Is there a way we can do intro to Bollywood dance at your shower weekend? This way, all your bridesmaids will be out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! That was exactly the plan!
    We could learn everything and have some practice that weekend.
    I am going home next weekend and meeting with Maryam to work out song choice and stuff like that.
    Yay!

    ReplyDelete