Monday, January 5, 2009

Invitation Station

So, here is a preview of our invitation that I spent all day on. That's right, we skipped work!
It isn't completely done and you must imagine it on pearlescent paper with a pearly crimson cardstock border and backing. Yum!
We debated using more inventive or creative wording but have decided that the best place for that would be on the reception card. (Preview later.)



This leads to the RSVP card. It has been giving us a ton of trouble. We haven't seen any good wording choices on the internet. Right now, I have something simple that suits the invitation fine but if anyone has seen anything better let me know.
Also, the RSVP card must get the message across that not everyone gets a "+1". Anyone with a spouse, boyfriend, partner, etc will get an invite with both of their names. People traveling to Houston for the wedding also get a plus one. But (due to the not huge size of our venue) we aren't offering plus ones to all of my high school friends and family friends from Houston. We figure these people should know at least a dozen people at the wedding and thus don't need a buffer or someone to share a hotel room with.


We also have two options I have created for the back of the RSVP card. It will be a postcard so this is where the typical "Greeting from Florida" part would go. Which do you prefer?






10 comments:

  1. I like the RSVP with the bigger letters, but both are great! Also, maybe it would be more clear to have __of 2 guests instead of just 2? And I think having that will make it clear that someone who has "Ella Moriarty plus 1 Guest" at the top and a total possible 2 guests attending will get that I have a plus on while "Beth Kellc" with a total of one guest will get that? Also I think that's a fine thing to talk with people about, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think it is ok to talk about that.
    Are you suggesting I write
    Ceremony
    __ of 2 guests
    Could you write it out more clearly?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So did you both play hookie, or just you? I am so jealous.
    For the back of the RSVP, I absolutely love the 2nd one.

    I think how you broke out the actual RSVP is great above...is it postcard style, and your mom's name and addy goes on the opposite side, with a postcard stamp?
    Are you also going to include in the invitation, a list of fun things to do while in Houston, preferred hotels, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We both played hookie!

    The RSVP is postcard style with the stamp and all that.

    The preferred hotels and houston attractions are on the website but I will definitely be including another website link on the invite.

    www.mywedding.com/samandtahira

    We will include maps though in the invite. Probably hand drawn and fun. (Think awesome hand drawn.)

    I think that we will provide welcome baskets in out of towners hotel rooms to give them more familiarity with H-town.

    I will tell Sam to spread the website info. It was on the Save the Date but the site has only had 38 hits so far. Probably 15 from me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The welcome baskets are SUCH a cute idea!! The hand drawn maps are also really cute. You're creative, so I'm sure they will turn out amazing.

    As for the RSVP cards, I like the second one a lot!! My suggestion is to make the font a little bit bigger or bold..what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. I like the first one too, but I feel like it's missing a little something, maybe a cool border?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the second one (aren't you so grateful to get all this free, sage advice from such an OLDER friend?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cake is one of the best parts of the reception but don't forget it is actually a fertility rite and not sure how it works if you try to fool the goddess of fertility....

    ReplyDelete