Thursday, January 1, 2009

James Bond gets Married

So, Sam has a penchant for all things spy-y. You may have noticed. He dreams of wearing this to the wedding:
Call me crazy but this conjures images of:
At first I fought him on it but Mama Bollywood has been teaching me some lessons in acceptance. So, for Christmas I bought Sam a skinny black tie from Urban Outfitters. (It's now on sale by the way and super cute!) He will probably wear a dressier one for the wedding but I think he appreciated the gesture.

And who knows, maybe he'll look more like this: (!)
Photo Credit: Dean McDonald / Splash News

So, off to the MW Tux website to see what we can find along these lines... As a side note we are choosing MW Tux because all of the groomsmen can get their tux in their respective states, the prices are right, and Sam's is free!


This research has made me realize what distinguishes tuxes (This is completely unscientific.)
  1. The number of buttons: 1, 2, 3, or 4
  2. How high up the first button hits
  3. The length of the coat
  4. The collar: shawl or regular, thickness, notched or not, satin or matte
  5. The pockets: slits or flaps, satin or matte
Our opinions on these things are:
  1. 1 or 2
  2. Lower is better, between the third and fourth vest button is best
  3. Should just clear your butt
  4. Regular, not to thin, notched, satin
  5. Slits, satin preferred but not required
Our first tux is a Calvin Klein Two-Button Super 100's Notch
Sam is even considering the vest! I think the vest would add a formal touch and definitely in the vest's corner, but we'll have to see what he decides.
The next tux is a Joseph & Feiss One-Button Notch Lapel. This one has a slightly thicker lapel but we'd have to see it on to know what difference it makes.
These are really the only two that we both liked. To the store this weekend!
Did you know there were so many variables in the tux world? Which one do you like?

6 comments:

  1. They look great. I honestly cannot tell the difference between either!

    I like how you put the pic of Brad Pitt up there, that was too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! This is fun! I think I like the vest idea too because that way, when it's hot inside during the party, the men can take their jackets off and still look formal and nice in a vest. It's slimming (esp in black) and a classy look overall. I actually really like the skinny tie trend!

    They could all end up looking like this:

    http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii300/styledamsel/SDblog/beckham.jpg

    Hothothot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of having 2 buttons vs 1...so I am going with CK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for the guys looking like David Beckham. Otherwise, I am clueless. I have a hard time getting excited about plain black tuxes, but that doesn't mean that they won't look great.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Designer Sarees is perhaps the desire of every single girl in this world to look amazing on her wedding day.
    It is certainly important that the bride must be the star of the show.The most beautiful woman at the wedding venue.
    In India,Designer Sarees are the most obvious choice for the brides.There are many designer Sarees in our site...
    For more...
    Plz visit:- Designer Sarees

    ReplyDelete
  6. Informative Website. Please Keep Continue Such Kind Of Effort.I Shared Your Post With My Friends Also. scottish sporrans

    ReplyDelete