Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Fool me once, Gocco, shame on you!

So, when we set out to make these invites, we decided that the best thing to do would be to start with the back of the RSVP cards. We chose the last design from the previous post:


I am going to document this whole crazy process because it is simply fascinating to me!

So, first, let's meet the Gocco P6. Here is me trying to set up a guideline for where to place the master and cards to be printed.



Then we put the master, which is a photo copy of our desired image onto that yellow pad

and put bulbs into that yellow trapezoidal pyramid on the left of the picture above.

Then insert a blue mesh into that glass screen


and press down.

It makes an electrical connection and
BAM
there is a huge pop of light and you have burned the image into the mesh screen. The light bulbs crack like crazy and have to be thrown away. They are also a great source of heat!

We have to put these sticky sponge things between where the colors are supposed to be different to prevent them (colors) from running.


We then ink it up

and spread it around

Then, we simply put the blank card that we want to print to on the yellow pad. We have inserted the inked mesh screen into the top (see it below).


And VOILA! We got a whole bunch of crap...
So, we quit for that day and started again the next.

The REAL invitations ACTUALLY WORKED.
But Sam Mammen doesn't want me to ruin the surprise...

4 comments:

  1. HAhahhaAHahahahhahahahhaaaaaaaaaahahhhahahahaha. I'm not sure if you meant for this to be hysterical, but it was to me! I am literally peeing in my pants seeing the two of you over there. Sam is such a good sport! Haha. I LOVE this. Top 5 favorite posts for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool. I can't believe you are doing this all on your own. You amaze me.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you and Sam are making your invitations together. I don't know if Donald even saw ours before the final product arrived. I am sure that they will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up, this was hysterical! But, some feedback for Sam...don't wear PJ's when pics are getting posted to the blog!

    ReplyDelete