Thursday, December 18, 2008

An "artsy-fartsy" style

When contacting photographers I have taken to referring to my preferred style as artsy fartsy.
For a while I found a bunch of photographers that had 500 photos of
a bride
and a groom
looking at a camera
I also came across a bunch of big studios with a million photographers where you really pay for the studio and get the photographer as a bonus.

But the field has narrowed to THREE!!! Three amazing, beautiful, creative artists, one of which will help immortalize our big day.

I first present WeddingsTX. This seems like abigger studio but I really like their work. A sample for you:





































































http://www.weddingtx.com/index1.html
All photos here taken by the photographers at WeddingTX


Next on my list is a man who seems awesome: Nicholaus Haskin. He has an awesome
"I am me" photoessay on his website that really pushed him *towards* the top of the list.
When I contacted him he responded with all the requisite info and "How did you meet? Was the proposal romantic?" He just relocated from FL and so I found him on Craigslist from a very interesting posting name... He is my favorite PERSON. And I believe my favorite photographer for the actual wedding.






















































All photos by Nicholaus Haskins




Last on the list is an amazing find thanks to Blondie Bridesmaid (Andrea!). This week I saw an engagement shoot on WeddingBee where the couple chose to shoot in a record store and the photos were AWESOME. There is nothing better than creative props, right? So after a trip to the new beautiful Whole Foods in Sugar Land I said to my mom, "This is the PERFECT engagement shot place. This place, the library, or half price books in the village..."
Then enters Snaptacular. On their (very witty) blog I discovered that this photographer has shot at that exact half-price books, a houston public library and HOLD YOUR BREATH H-E-B! I couldn't believe it; we must have the same muse!
Visit their blog to be inspired...by love and photography. http://www.snaptacularphotos.com/blog/
I have added her to my google Reader (highly recommended!). She is the best, most adventrous engagment shooter. You just take a spin through her blog and realize she has guts. She even comments about negotiating with a passing fire truck and an alterations store manager for the perfect shot.

















































All photography by Snaptacular













So whaddya think? Who do you LOVE?

4 comments:

  1. I like the first one, wedding TX....its classy and timeless! Plus i think they would make really great pics in the magazine books, like the one Sam suggested ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I just wrote a comment and had it all erase. GRR! The gist of it was this. I agree with Sonia about the look of the first one. It's most artsty (fartsy) and also professional. I also think you might look at who you feel most comfortable with (maybe #2?) so that you and Sam open up to him and take great pictures. You might also be most comfortable talking with a female about your skin and how you want your body to look, cleavage, etc. Just some thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the first photos! They really bring out the colors in the pictures. I liked the ideas/majority of the pics on the snaptacular website, but you could always come up with your own creative shooting places and tell WeddingsTX where you want to shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, so I ended up booking the second people because after more research I discovered that the first place made you sign up and THEN pick a photographer. Those photos shown above are from a variety of different photographers and don't really represent what I would get. They are a big studio and didn't have the same personal touch that the second and third people did. I chose the second over the third because they give me the rites to the photos.

    But it's booked. Yay!

    ReplyDelete