Monday, December 22, 2008

Fly me to the moon! (It doesn't make sense till the end...)

So, since deciding to have an outdoor wedding, I have tried to think up that best way to show "This is where the bride and groom go". When scoping the site Julie and I saw that there is a big tree that would make a nice focal point behind us. Note that the benches won't be there!

We could hang beautiful ribbons, lanterns, wreaths and decor from here, a la these ingenious pictures from Martha Stewart Weddings





Let me show you some other views of our space at Rice University. Again, imagine it completely empty:



Now I haven't put too much thought into what the space should look like or how to mark the actual wedding spot. I have considered a chuppah but that might be one too many cultures and it would definitely be a budget buster! SO, my newest Google Reader addition ACupofJo has the most beautiful idea!



Isn't it gorgeous! There are no set-up directions but I am sure we could do this! I am thinking that dupattas might look very nice!
What do you think? What should we do to spice up the space? Have you ever seen a floating altar? Is it over the top or just amazing!?!

6 comments:

  1. My mom thinks it looks ridiculous. So I am sure you all will too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that I don't really get it. Would you be standing under it? I love the shapes and the light, airy feeling of it, but I'm confused! :) Please explain your vision (said in a French accent) for it, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not really sure. I just like the way it looks. Maybe the beverage table is under it? Originally I thought of it as an alter, but with silks: crimson and champagne. But now I am not sure. I love the look. That's all I know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun....i wonder how it doesnt float away. I do think its beautiful, but my only concern is how would pictures look. Have you thought about renting a gazeebo?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks gorgeous, but I'm also a little confused where yall would stand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the floating altar is amazing. I'd love to see one.

    ReplyDelete