Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Centerpiece Intelligence Agency

OK, I've made up some prototypes of centerpieces.
I covered my kitchen table in Christmas wrapping paper to mimic a tablecloth and table dressings.
First, I present some miraculous finds from the Dollar Store. They are bronze with gold brushed on them. Notice the fake flower half pomanders atop them.
I think the first look like genie lamps:

I think the second ones are a great find even if they don't make it into the centerpieces. The paisley print will definitely be a recurring theme! Notice the two different sizes of pomander; I think I actually prefer the smaller. Ignore the different color flowers, that is just me making use of all of these flora laying around my gameroom.





Here is just the half pomander. Half of what I had originally envisioned. How would we dress it up?


And here is my favorite and possibly the inspiration that will lead us to something. It is a lantern that is currently filled with maroon balls and flowers (which I like) BUT I am thinking FABRIC. Four different prints and textures in a mixture of crimson and champagne. Rich, Indian fabrics. These could also line the tables, we know fabric will line the aisle, we need a red carpet for the entrance to Majestic Metro, just think! Note: these are distinctly NOT from the dollar store!






What do you think? Do you like the lanterns or something else more? What about the idea of an abundance of fabric?

4 comments:

  1. Hi darlin! My mom and I are checking out your gorgeous projects, and we have a few opinions! First, we love the "genie like" ones from pic #1 for a decorative table, like the cake table or else where the guest book is, etc. We love the half pomedor one and its simplicity for a table. We are thinking that with some many chairs and so much food, the centerpieces can be kind of distracting. We love the lanterns and maybe for the main tables where the bridal shower is? Also, what about ribbon or fabric along the middle of a table or criss-crossed over the round tables? Love all of this-keep it coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie and I went and bought 8 more lanterns! This won't cover all of the tables but I am thinking we will have two table designs to mix it up a bit!
    I think the pomanders might make up the other tables. Julie and I took a trip to Harwin and didn't find anything at all those Importer/Exporter stores but I am keeping my eyes open!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are thinking about having 2 different table designs, I like the first picture and the lanterns.

    I kinda thought the second pics needed a little something more added to it, but I think it depends what look you're going for (like Ella said the second pics add simplicity to the table).

    Also, I love the idea of fabric, but will u be able to fill the lanterns to the top without it all laying flat at the bottom?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of having a few different themes. I love the genie one, and I love the half pomander, very classy! With the fabric, do we have to worry that it can catch on fire?

    ReplyDelete