Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Buff shiny?

First things first, I do not want to have to mess with my nails during the wedding. I don't want to need a manicure that morning. AND, let's remember that I would need perfect nails Friday night and all day Saturday.

This led me to decide that I must get fake nails for the wedding. I am not talking Lee Press -Ons. Some people may swear by these but I have never been a Press-On fan!
I found this at a pretty fun website!

My mom gets some pretty good-looking fake nails. They are the kind that are constructed out of powdered acrillic in pink and white shades right over the top of your nails. Courtesy of my mom:


So I had pretty much decided to go this route UNTIL I went in for a mani-pedi this week. Besides getting a snowman painted on my toe, I discovered a whole new manicure. The technician doing my nails insisted that I get them buffed shiny with no polish because polish "always chips the next day". (She was pretty insistent!) So, I tried it and I think they look fantastic! They just used that rotary buffer with a cloth buffer. It's days later and they still look great. These pictures aren't great and my nails are super-short, but look:

I think that if I were to use that white pencil under longer nails I could get some fantastic results! I have always been a fan of that white pencil (you can get it at any grocery store, Wal-Mart, or Sally Hansen Beauty Supply).


So, I have a new nail plan! Yay! Have you heard of this buff shiny business? It rocks!

3 comments:

  1. I think this is GORGEOUS! Of course fake nails would be nice, but I'm a big fan of feeling like you got married not some other person, and you have never really done the fake nails. Your mom's look really nice, btw! I think you should experiment with the buff shiny and the sick, maybe over the shower weekend and see how it goes??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the buffed look for you! I know you like the more natural look. How long have yours stayed shiny for? It seems like it wouldn't last too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the buffed nails, but when you are stressed, do your nails chip more? Mine do... Another route that is a little gentler on your nails is the silk wrap. I had the new powder acrylics not to long ago, and when i got bored of having to have them filled, and got them taken off, they ruined my nails, and i have a half-black nail that has yet to grow out. But before when i had the silk, and had them removed, my nails were totally fine...and they last.

    ReplyDelete