Thursday, December 11, 2008

Paper Flower Bonanza


So most have you have seen my adventures in paper crafting:

All of these flowers were created with either crepe paper (roses) or regular gift tissue paper (mums). There are a few other random things from my house and garden in this bouquet (crystals, feathers, greenery).

See:
wedding bee paper flower adventure

martha martha martha



For the centerpieces for the reception I am hoping to create a modern, funky, bollywood vibe without breaking the bank or using real flowers.
I am dreaming up big globes stuffed to the brim with the mum style flower (if you can tell the difference) made of a cool paisley print tissue paper. Here's my latest find:
I bought 100 sheets of 20' X 30' off ebay for what I consider a reasonable price. That should make 175 out of this $20 pack of tissue paper, if I never mis-cut or rip one. (So, lets shoot for 150!)

How many will I need? How big are these globes gonna be???

We'll have at least 20 tables and then rows upon rows of bar tables for the younger folk!

Hoping to do a trial run and make one globe before I head to DC. Julie, send this blog link to Sara and then tell her to come over and make paper flowers!

3 comments:

  1. for a modern bollywood funk type of vibe the paisley tissue paper should pretend to kiss the centerpiece then back away, then slowly try to kiss the centerpiece again and then back away, and then everyone sitting at the table should break out into a musical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Payal wins best comment of the day. (Perhaps not the most useful, but certainly the wittiest!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you like the picture of me in the pink outfit???

    Mom

    ReplyDelete